Sustainability Resource Management: Challenges and Opportunities
Without doubt, sustainability is a major priority for many companies, particularly those in highly regulated and brand-conscious industries. However, being sustainable isn’t simply about “going green.” It actually entails a system of viable practices and processes that dovetail with a company’s core business and strategies.
To efficiently manage sustainability resources, your goals are to:
- Report your sustainability performance in a transparent and concise manner
- Increase workplace and environmental safety
- Lower energy consumption in the workplace and supply chain
- Insure that your products and services are safe and compliant throughout your enterprise
Those objectives would be easily met if you were able to:
- Collect data without wasting time or money
- Monitor energy use in real time
- Manage safety, environmental, and asset risk at all levels
- Integrate controls into design, procurement, manufacturing, and sales processes
- Work with customers and suppliers on compliance
Unfortunately, these obstacles stand in your way:
- Differing sustainability standards and guidelines You spend too much time compiling data for innumerable forms and disclosures
- Lack of solid information about your company’s sustainability performance Makes it difficult to clearly state your case and formulate concrete strategies
- Mismatching of sustainability performance data with other data and processes It’s hard to connect sustainability performance to the company’s core financial and operational decisions
When sustainability resource management is done well, a company will effectively protect its brand, efficiently assess internal and external risks, and nimbly identify growth opportunities. The end result is good for the environment and your company’s earnings potential.
CSRware is a business software solution for Environmental Sustainability professionals to help you efficiently and effectively manage your company’s sustainability resources and performance. Our adaptable Sustainability Resource Management (SRM) platform enables businesses to quickly adjust to market demand by simply turning on additional features.
To give you a comprehensive look at your company’s sustainability performance, the SRM platform supports two flexible, modular products:
ESMEnergy and Sustainability Management: A standardized metric-based system to measure and assess in-house performance. Learn more…
ESM LiteEnergy and Sustainability Management Lite: A slimmed down version of the enterprise ESM product.Learn more…
SSCSustainable Supply Chain: A standardized metric-based scorecard management product to monitor and manage external vendor performance. Learn more…